- App crashing
- Audio not streaming though the device is connected to the internet
- Keeps buffering but nothing happening
- Nothing but a blank screen
To better assist you, let’s confirm some things to rule out any external issues:
- Your device’s operating system is 5.1 or higher. The Bible.is app needs iOS 5.1 or higher so make sure you have that. (If you are unsure how to find this, check this link: http://support.inkling.com/entries/20295932-Check-the-iOS-Operating-System-version-on-your-device.)
- You're using a good Wi-Fi. This will help to test the app's functionality without the variance of cellular connectivity. Please be aware that having a Wi-Fi used by many other activities or machines may also affect the app's performance especially when streaming the audio.
- Force Closed most apps running on your device (use with the steps below with all apps). Your device does not automatically exit apps, so, exiting other apps may help the Bible.is app and your device work much better.
- Your device is not jail-broken
If that is all fine and you are still experiencing the same issue, I would suggest the following. Let me know which step works first:
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
- Double-tap the Home button to display recent apps.
- Tap and slide the affected app upward to quit the app.
- Press the Home button, and then reopen the app.
If the above did not resolve the issue, I would suggest performing a delete and fresh re-install the app with the following steps.
- Tap on the Bible.is icon until it wiggles.
- Then Select the "X" in the top left corner of the icon to delete it.
- It might bring you a confirmation message. Just agree to that and it should be all gone.
- Turn off your device,
- Turn your device back on,
- Re-install the app from with this link, on your device: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bible.is/id378075859?mt=8.
NOTE: Please be advised that You need to sync your annotations (bookmarks, highlights, notes) before you delete the app so that you can retrieve them later. If you've downloaded any audio and text within the app, you will have to re-download that content after the delete/re-install process. We are sorry for any inconvenience. The good news is that the app now has the Download Book option; which hopefully should save a lot of the download time and effort.
Should you need further help, contact our Support team. We'll be more than delighted to help you.